Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Android car radio upgrade?

• 8 months later...

Hello guys!

Got a Alphard 2006 hybrid e4 recently..

Been looking into threads and ideas about the satnav and audio system..

Got to the conclusion that it's impossible to change from Japanese to English and update the maps.. would anyone advise on that?

If so been thinking to have another unit fitted on, has anyone done, would anyone suggest a particular unit?

Obviously wouldn't like to loose the cameras and hybrid info and can't afford the £1900 quote (ouch) I got from cartronics ..

Would really appreciate any ideas!

Many thanks

Gabriel

xtrons, pumpkin do good radios but there are a few ebay listings that do the car radios. However i'm currently researching about a firmware update on the radios which i can then change it to english or at least put a english version of the radio software on. (still around 6 months away as i'm waiting on Toyota Japan to release the firmware code for me.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That's great news Alex! Will that be a change of language for the system as a whole? I'm sure a lot of Alphard owners would be very pleased with that.. including myself :)

at the moment I'm trying to remove a stuck cd from it, had no idea home burned CDs was so despised by the Japanese..

struggling to enjoy the Japanese songs inside the HDD 

Gabriel

• Thanks 1

Read somewhere that many people get their CDs stuck because of that..

Maybe something to do with label (sticker kind of thing) on the cd? It makes the cd slightly chubbier..

It's a Toyota 56065 on a 2006 hybrid Alphard..

Had no problems with original CDs before, but since I put this on (which is a recording from a musician friend) it hasn't come off yet...

It tries to eject a couple of times before a message pops on saying cd error 

Any ideas? 

Thanks for your time Alex..

Kind regards

Gabriel

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used Ben Hau? Any endorsements for his work? Thinking of having him sort out the original Japanese set up

Edited by Annie
wanted to make sure I was notified of replies

50 minutes ago, Annie said:

Has anyone used Ben Hau? Any endorsements for his work? Thinking of having him sort out the original Japanese set up

Ben Hau has been used by many Alpharders i use him for the niche parts i cant find. He's always done a great job.

Others who've used him have been very impressed as he goes above and beyond. i'll pm you a link for reviews.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are some really good car stereos on the market, which will be a huge upgrade on the stock stereo that you’ve already got inside your car.

I have installed many units for my customers,  most of them are aftermarket stereos made in China, the most impressive one is XTRONS, very good workmanship. You’ll have the ability to connect your smartphone or media player to the car stereo via either Bluetooth, AUX, or USB. Normally i install 3-5 XTRONS unit every month, XTRONS model PBX79HGT is perfect match for Alphard.

• 4 months later...

I'm really pleased with your answer as I've just bought an Alphard MZ  (2008) - it's on a cruise right now to Southampton, and I've just bought an XTRONS TS109L to fit into it. Basically I like the larger screen and am happier with it proud of the dash and moveable. The details seem to indicate it's Alphard friendly but is there a harness I will have to buy for it, or will the one supplied possibly go straight in?  'Perfectly compatible with Nissan and Toyota . . .' is what they say.

I thought it was hard work navigating the auction sites to get this vehicle, but I'm beginning to see that I'm only at the beginning of my journey! But it's been a lot of fun and I'm sure there'll be more to come. Great to have this site and be a member too, support is always good!

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 2:18 PM, MonsterS said:

xtrons, pumpkin do good radios but there are a few ebay listings that do the car radios. However i'm currently researching about a firmware update on the radios which i can then change it to english or at least put a english version of the radio software on. (still around 6 months away as i'm waiting on Toyota Japan to release the firmware code for me.)

Hi - Any news on this firmware update? Many thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been looking to get that one too! Did you find out about the cameras? 

Also does anyone knows about the hybrid information? Any way to keep that after swapping the original unit for the xtrons ? 

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2021 at 5:05 PM, Gabs said:

Been looking to get that one too! Did you find out about the cameras? 

Also does anyone knows about the hybrid information? Any way to keep that after swapping the original unit for the xtrons ? 

unfortunately not.  Unless you can speak to a tech minded person on the sales floor so to speak there will be no way of telling unless it actually states it in the description.