Hello guys!

Got a Alphard 2006 hybrid e4 recently..

Been looking into threads and ideas about the satnav and audio system..

Got to the conclusion that it's impossible to change from Japanese to English and update the maps.. would anyone advise on that?

If so been thinking to have another unit fitted on, has anyone done, would anyone suggest a particular unit?

Obviously wouldn't like to loose the cameras and hybrid info and can't afford the £1900 quote (ouch) I got from cartronics ..

Would really appreciate any ideas!

Many thanks

Gabriel

xtrons, pumpkin do good radios but there are a few ebay listings that do the car radios. However i'm currently researching about a firmware update on the radios which i can then change it to english or at least put a english version of the radio software on. (still around 6 months away as i'm waiting on Toyota Japan to release the firmware code for me.)

• Like 1

That's great news Alex! Will that be a change of language for the system as a whole? I'm sure a lot of Alphard owners would be very pleased with that.. including myself :)

at the moment I'm trying to remove a stuck cd from it, had no idea home burned CDs was so despised by the Japanese..

struggling to enjoy the Japanese songs inside the HDD 

Gabriel

Read somewhere that many people get their CDs stuck because of that..

Maybe something to do with label (sticker kind of thing) on the cd? It makes the cd slightly chubbier..

It's a Toyota 56065 on a 2006 hybrid Alphard..

Had no problems with original CDs before, but since I put this on (which is a recording from a musician friend) it hasn't come off yet...

It tries to eject a couple of times before a message pops on saying cd error 

Any ideas? 

Thanks for your time Alex..

Kind regards

Gabriel

Sound like the mechanism needs a good air blast and clean from dust etc. sometimes it gets clogged up easily when being shipped.