Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

cost of conversion

how much does a basic rear conversion on an Alphard cost on average ?  I'm thinking of buying a base vehicle and then getting it converted - even this is proving difficult as getting the car registered through DVLA seems to take weeks if not months - not sure whether this is mostly due to the Covid crisis!!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 7:52 PM, Sparkler53 said:

Had mine converted after purchasing on 31 July.  Took 6 weeks to get all the paperwork together and finally collected on 22 September.  Our conversion cost £2,500.

Hello, could I ask please where you had conversion done and what did you get? Thanks!

• 10 months later...
On 9/24/2020 at 7:52 PM, Sparkler53 said:

Had mine converted after purchasing on 31 July.  Took 6 weeks to get all the paperwork together and finally collected on 22 September.  Our conversion cost £2,500.

Hi, where did you have it converted please? I'm Torbay based

3 hours ago, Sash said:

Hi, where did you have it converted please? I'm Torbay based

Hi Sash, 

I can recommend a converter within 30 miles of you.

I am delighted with my conversion, but it cost more than £2500.

Depends on what you need.

A pop top itself, will costs more then £2500.

Send me a PM for the details.

First of all you need to determine what kind of conversion you want.  You can't really do your costings of a proposed conversion without knowing what you need.

So far our conversion has cost over £13,000.... my view on pop-tops is if you have young children forget the pop-top's an inflatable drive-away or tent is much better value especially if you intend stopping at camp sites