Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Torque wrench settings

Dave

Apologies if this information is already out there or if this question has already been asked;  I've searched the forums and cant find anything.

I'm wondering if there is a guide to torque wrench  settings for the Alphard.  At the moment I'm interested in brake caliper torques and wheel nut torques but not doubt there will be other things in time.

Many thanks,

Dave

• 3 years later...

Hi  I am also looking to find wheel nut torque and brake caliper torque settings, but unable to locate any, have looked on the forum and servicing etc but no joy.  I have a Alphard owners manual part no FRO396 but it does not mention torque settings.  Hope somebody might know.  

1 hour ago, kendo said:

Hi  I am also looking to find wheel nut torque and brake caliper torque settings, but unable to locate any, have looked on the forum and servicing etc but no joy.  I have a Alphard owners manual part no FRO396 but it does not mention torque settings.  Hope somebody might know.  

The Owners Manual from JPNZ does not have any torque settings for any nuts or bolts.

Many of us have been waiting for a JPNZ Maintenance Manual to be published; but none has appeared so far.

I know the importer, and even they don't know when it will be made available; if at all.

These vehicles are quite old, my guess is JPNZ will focus on the Gen 2 model.

I seem to recall, and it's worth checking, that the wheel nuts were 80 foot pound when I researched it for locking wheel nuts.

That is a lot; I had to buy another torque wrench to achieve the setting !

I recently had some tyres fitted. I should have asked; but I doubt they knew the official figure !

I have no idea what the brake callipers require.

What torque did it require to remove them ?

I think, in the ether somewhere, there is a Russian manual !

Good luck finding it !

Wheel nuts on gen 1 are 103Nm

The images below are taken from the translated Russian manual for the gen 1. Where it says "Hm" it should be read as Nm. 

Front

Screenshot_2024-03-11-18-42-06-08_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.thumb.jpg.d07afc34e76807a5ae1719704caf94dd.jpg

Rear

Screenshot_2024-03-11-18-43-18-12_f541918c7893c52dbd1ee5d319333948.thumb.jpg.423a7c92ef95b5a3714ffb3a01da0531.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kendo said:

Thanks Smurf and Rojie very useful info.  Have now written it down in my manual for future use.👍

It would seem my 80 ft/lbs is way too high ! Twice as much !

Hopefully it is my memory that is incorrect !

I need to check my torque wrench setting !

No it isn't.

But my reading of those diagrams is the torque should be about 49Nm front and 56Nm rear.

I cannot remember where I found the 80 ft/lbs; where did you find the 103Nm?

103Nm was just written within the text for the wheel nuts. The wheel nuts aren't shown on those diagrams. I think what you are looking at are the fixings that hold the hubs on. The wheel nuts would have been shown to the outside of the discs if they were on the exploded diagram. 

Different torque settings between front and rear for the same fixings would be very peculiar if it were so. 

Yes, you're right.

I miss read the drawings.

My excuse is my background is electronics , not mechanics.

A very poor excuse really !