Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Rear Sub Frame Bushes cost to replace

SiRound

Morning all, when my 2006 Alphard 3.0v6 was in for an exhaust repair recently, the mechanic pointed out that both my rear sub frame bushes were split. These seem to have failed since MOT end of May (when there were no advisories) depsite only doing about 1,200 miles. Oh well, age and British roads for ya!

Ive seen the bushes themselves on ebay for reasonable money, thought I'd get a quote from my local garage who I have used with various cars over the last ten years.

They've just called me back saying the estimate is £1035.67 as a minimum cost as they dont know how long the job will take or what components may be seized.

That seems a little high to me! Does that sound about right to anyone? Does anyone have any recommendations for getting this work done in or around Shropshire/West Midlands?

Ta

• 1 month later...

Speak to Ian taylor uk Ltd stoke on trent if you been coventry or near there is a garage I know about £240 labour £90 for the bushes is a awkward job as back suspension needs dropping but what you been quoted they don't want the job but if you said yes nice earner for ripping someone off 

• Thanks 1