Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Hi all 👋

New forum member here

We’re British expats currently living and working in Malaysia since August 2023

When we arrived here and started searching for a family car I noticed Alphard Vellfires are extremely popular with the locals, it looks like 10% of all cars here (with the exception of millions of Protons 😉) are Alphard or Vellfires.

Our oldest teenage son is 6ft 4! Just needed something to fit his gangly long legs into, so we choose an Alphard V6 with middle row pilot seats, 2008 106km (65k miles). Nice clean very well looked after car. Only experienced a couple of issues in the last 6 months 

New battery. Had to also disconnect the wiring from the aftermarket brake pedal lock as it threw some issues with the start button. 

New HID bulbs, New Wipers,,, usual minor consumables 

Taking it on a very long road trip around  the South and central Malaysia in the summer, fingers crossed there’s no issues 

image.thumb.jpeg.0095b1808ae4fd368d62e08a24dd0f79.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9ea8b2cf5bc49f754517ba8bf4e531e1.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.37afb63c928c006ec22cfba3301f2be7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.00a36d81983d44220039370fb40ad0fd.jpeg

19 hours ago, Auticka said:

Hi all 👋

New forum member here

We’re British expats currently living and working in Malaysia since August 2023

When we arrived here and started searching for a family car I noticed Alphard Vellfires are extremely popular with the locals, it looks like 10% of all cars here (with the exception of millions of Protons 😉) are Alphard or Vellfires.

Our oldest teenage son is 6ft 4! Just needed something to fit his gangly long legs into, so we choose an Alphard V6 with middle row pilot seats, 2008 106km (65k miles). Nice clean very well looked after car. Only experienced a couple of issues in the last 6 months 

New battery. Had to also disconnect the wiring from the aftermarket brake pedal lock as it threw some issues with the start button. 

New HID bulbs, New Wipers,,, usual minor consumables 

Taking it on a very long road trip around  the South and central Malaysia in the summer, fingers crossed there’s no issues 

image.thumb.jpeg.0095b1808ae4fd368d62e08a24dd0f79.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9ea8b2cf5bc49f754517ba8bf4e531e1.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.37afb63c928c006ec22cfba3301f2be7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.00a36d81983d44220039370fb40ad0fd.jpeg

Hello Alex,

Welcome to the Forum.

As Geralt says, a nice contact for UK members to have.

I'll send a list of the parts I need next week !

• 5 months later...

Out of curiosity there seems to be a device in the last picture at around 7 on the steering wheel - what is it? I have 2004 so maybe it's standard on later models 🙂

Toyota-strange-thing.png

• 1 month later...

Thank you - is that a Toyota option or is it something that gets added by the owner? 

Also I need to ask why? I can't think of why that would be useful but there must be a reason and I am intrigued.

I don't have it - it was in one of the pictures that Auticka posted and I just asked the question - I originally thought it was attached to the steering wheel 🙂.

I guess an anti-theft device would make sense but why also turn off the brake light circuit? 

Because if the car doesn't see the brake light circuit activated when the pedal is pressed, it won't release the lock to allow the gear lever to come out of Park!

More security!

Unless it's physically broken! The gear shift lock mechanism that is.

Edited by BigNev
more detail