Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ร—

Hi everyone!

I'm looking at purchasing a new family bus soon, and the alphard is on the short list ๐Ÿ˜Šย 

I don't know a huge amount about them, so thought I'd join, and learn the ropes as it were.ย 

I've had an Elgrand in the past, and for the most part I really liked it.....kinda. It seemed a bit flimsy tho. And Nissan dealers don't want to know you if your driving a jap import it seems.ย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

We like cars that are different, but need at least 6 seats. We've previously had a disco v8 (fuel economy was woeful tho, when it was over fuelling due to an electronic problem it got 100 miles to ยฃ100 of petrol! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ณ)ย the aforementioned Elgrand, and currently got a 1994 Isuzu bighorn jap import. And if Toyotas customer care is anything like Isuzus the I'll be happy. My local dealer can always get any bits I need to fix my truck, straight from Japan.ย 

Thanks for reading this boring essay, any advice, hints or tips or even just a wave is welcome ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ian ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

We have a 3.0l v6 and get around 18 - 30 mpg fantastic vehicles.

We had an estima before and this blows it out of the water.ย 

Things to consider.ย 

Find a good dealer (or import yourself) then get the following works done.

Underseal

Full service including (cam, water pump and filters)

optional (new head unit) though i've stuck the same one as i dont see a point changing it.

ย 

Otherwise they do not need much looking after and are fantastic vehicles. same engine as the RS300 lexus so mechanics can work on the them easily.