Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Fitting Child Seats .. 53 reg

add Hi All.

I have seen and read that my 2003 has isofix on the middle set of seats (both outer seats) and that child seats must not be fitted in the fold up seats.

My Isofix seat comes with a tether strap which should be fixed to an anchor point so the seat can be used forward facing.

I notice there is a metal ring / loop on the back of the middle seats but from what I can tell normally an anchor point woud have a symbol showing its use.

Can anyone tell me if this fixing is meant to be an anchor for a child seat tether ?

CHeers Drive :)

small hook.jpg

Edited by Groucho21
add picture

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that is indeed the top tether anchor point, it doesn't seem to state anything about it in the manual oddly though. 

You CAN use the third row with child seats according to the manual, but you only have the seatbelt attachment option. 

We found that you can get them tightly fitted by pushing the seat forward after attaching the belt, and use the load anchor for the top tether to add some further rigidity.

Obviously the second row is a better fitting point as it has all three connection methods, but the rear is also a possible solution it seems.