Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

MOT & Service

Hello,

Maybe a daft question but my 2003 pop top Alphard is coming up to its first birthday (with us) and is due MOT and service. I would really appreciate anyones opinions/advice as to where i should take it, Toyota garage or local independent?

Thank you in advance 🙂

I am in the process of buying ours, and for its warranty will be using the Converter I bought it from. After that expires I'm going local independent as I know Toyota garage will be very expensive.

HTH

I went to my main dealer yesterday “ Hills of Woodford” to buy a touch up pen for stone chips.

While I was there I asked how much for a service, just out of interest.

I was surprised to be told my main dealer wont touch my Alphard because its a Japanese import . 😮

They explained that if its in their work shop and it need a part, they can have lots of trouble getting the parts .

They are not prepared to risk it sitting in their garage for months waiting for a parts.

hi Shawn I live in Devon and I can tell our local Toyota dealer service mine for approx £230 so be careful there are a lot of people out there who will rip you off the best advice is to ask around and get a local garage to do it for you after all its just a car and most of the parts you will ever need are shared with many other make and models out there including Lexus Nissan Toyota vans  even ford so don't take notice of all that crap  and there are also many good breakers out there for the unusual parts you may need  .Dave

Hello,

I used a local garage yesterday. I only had the MOT as they couldn't fit me in at short notice for the service. I asked them if they would be able to service it and they said 'of course, its the 2.4 same as Rav4 so filters etc are no problem to get hold of'.

On a side note, they were extremely impressed. The mechanic that did the MOT has a VW camper and he said this looks so much better with good build quality. I had mine done with Direct Campers and it is absolutely perfect. 

So to summarise I'm glad i used a local garage supporting local business. Ill update once i've had the service :-) 

• Like 1