Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Flip down monitor question

Picked up the Alphard today and its great. It still has the Japanese head unit at the moment and have got it to play DVD's. However, how does the flip down monitor work?

I assumed it would automatically show the picture as per the head unit just by flipping it down??? Is there something somewhere you need to press?

For info it's a 2007 MS Premium Alacantra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got mine working, but it was ages ago and shortly after the picture died. It turned out that it was the flip down screen at fault, so i chucked it and replaced it with an alpine unit, which in truth turned out better as the kids can change the dvd themselves and also with Alpines IR headsets we don't have to suffer the sound of what they are watching.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I recently bought a 2003 alphard, it comes with a Japanese unit which works fine, however the roof top monitor powers on but it displays no signal on the screen. Any ideas on what may cause this? And how do I get it to work?

3 hours ago, DJ Fuzion said:

I recently bought a 2003 Alphard, it comes with a Japanese unit which works fine, however the roof top monitor powers on but it displays no signal on the screen. Any ideas on what may cause this? And how do I get it to work?

Hello Kenneth,

Welcome to the Forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, 

Proud new 2006 Alphard owner. 

I also can not get image on rear screen. It powers on and I can see video on head unit.

I would be grateful if anyone has an answer. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Glen S said:

Hi all, 

Proud new 2006 Alphard owner. 

I also can not get image on rear screen. It powers on and I can see video on head unit.

I would be grateful if anyone has an answer. 

Thanks. 

Hello Glen,

Welcome to the Forum for you too.