Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Removing rear seat rails / bars

Hi all,

I have removed all the rear seats in my Alphard V 2005 and would like to remove all the seat rails and bars in order to build a bed. Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this? 

Also, does anyone want any seats ..?! I am guessing the rails would be needed for someone to utilize them, so if I can get the rails out, the seats/rails are free to anyone who needs...

Cheers :)

theres bolts inside the rails. you have to undo them i think it was a 10 socket or 11. however you need to pull the carpet out to get them off properly. as there are some bolts on the ends and side too.

• 1 month later...

I've just been doing it today. The bolts are either side of the rails 15mm.

One of the rails extends all the way and is shared by the middle row single seat.

I've just removed the back row seats, so had to remove the long rail and slide off both shuttles, then replace the shuttle for the middle row seat and bolt the rail back down again.

I took the short rail out completely. I did consider putting the short rail back instead of the long one but the bolt pattern is different.

Edited by ReDorDeD

• 5 months later...

hi,

I am a new alphard owner and had a seat related question. I would be grateful for any advice as my diy skills are very limited. I have an 8 seater model and have removed the double seat from the first row of seats. How can I take out the metal sliding rails, without causing too much mess. Do i have to take the carpet up or do they slide off the end of the rail. All advice greatly appreciated.

/

also is the width of the rails the same as in a seven seater alphard, so that if i was to get a captain seat for the passenger side, it would just be case of taking the one seat off and putting the other one the same sliding rails.

thank you

e8cd29d7-9bca-4633-900b-ddf305610b80.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hi Luke

I removed that prominent bit by unbolting the whole black rail and sliding the prominent bit out of the end of the black rail.

Then I refixed the rail back down.

It was a pain.

Perhaps somebody here knows a better way to do it

On 10/10/2020 at 12:16 PM, immy said:

hi,

I am a new alphard owner and had a seat related question. I would be grateful for any advice as my diy skills are very limited. I have an 8 seater model and have removed the double seat from the first row of seats. How can I take out the metal sliding rails, without causing too much mess. Do i have to take the carpet up or do they slide off the end of the rail. All advice greatly appreciated.

/

also is the width of the rails the same as in a seven seater alphard, so that if i was to get a captain seat for the passenger side, it would just be case of taking the one seat off and putting the other one the same sliding rails.

thank you

e8cd29d7-9bca-4633-900b-ddf305610b80.JPG

Hi Immy,

I believe the rails are the same distance apart as I checked very carefully some months ago.

What I didn't check is whether the rails are the same. I imagine they are.

Nor did I check whether the rail runners are the same. I imagine they are.

I believe the single seat from the seven seater will fit, although I have the seat I have not tried to fit it.

If you have the Captains seat with the footrest. That seat won't swivel.

The seat rails in my seven seater have been cut (please don't ask where) and refitted to facilitate their removal at a later date.

On 12/19/2021 at 10:34 AM, Rojie said:

Hi Immy,

I believe the rails are the same distance apart as I checked very carefully some months ago.

What I didn't check is whether the rails are the same. I imagine they are.

Nor did I check whether the rail runners are the same. I imagine they are.

I believe the single seat from the seven seater will fit, although I have the seat I have not tried to fit it.

If you have the Captains seat with the footrest. That seat won't swivel.

The seat rails in my seven seater have been cut (please don't ask where) and refitted to facilitate their removal at a later date.

Hi Immy,

Please tell us the colour of your seats.

Perhaps, since you are willing to give them away, you could put them in the For Sale section at zero price.

• 3 weeks later...