Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Roof video screen

Hi,

I have recently brought an 2004 Alphard V5. I have in the upper glove compartment a Toyota DVD player. Is this player supposed to be connected to the roof drop down screen, and if so, How do I turn the screen on? Is there supposed to be a remote control for the unit?

I am putting a replacement head unit in  as the one that came with the car did not have navigation. I notice that the head cables have a key and key2 wires. Are these meant to be for the steering wheel controls?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Roof should come on with factory head unit when stationary. (yes there is a remote)

The key and key 2 are for steering wheel controls if i remember correctly.

Changing the headunit will disable functions such as lane control, etc. make sure you get one that supports a secondary output screen if you want to keep the dropdown unit.

• 7 months later...

i have just bought a 2003 alphard and there is a new unit fitted that has a radio gps, camera and bluetooth but it has disbled all the steering controls and the back dvd unit

why does this happen are there any genuine replecement units available or 2nd hand ones for sale?