Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Speedo converter chip

Hi Alphardies,

Has anyone knowledge on the speedo conversion chip (Ebay item  382489861798) priced at £55 is it worth it? and does it still use the original speedo readings however through some electronic trickery adjust the signal such that the speedo indications now represent mph?

SteveD

Edited by Salterns
finger trouble

• 2 weeks later...

Ok went the way of sticky back numbers namely 30, 50 and 70. daylight use is fine but less clear at night. I don't have a problem with this and my wife is getting more used to it, so for £3.00 ish on eBay acceptable. Next the radio !!

3 minutes ago, Salterns said:

Ok went the way of sticky back numbers namely 30, 50 and 70. daylight use is fine but less clear at night. I don't have a problem with this and my wife is getting more used to it, so for £3.00 ish on eBay acceptable. Next the radio !!

I would look at investing in dial faces. You may find those stickers will be a pain. Also, in an event of an accident, dont let your insurance wiggle their way out of paying. Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys thanks for prompt replies. I accept the potential insurance implications and will look into replacement dial. As for the radios, not heard of Pumpkin but will look into alongside the Xtrons unit. thanks for your responses.