Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

General Club Meet - Late Spring 2023- Ideas

Alphard Club

Howdy folks!

It's time we start planning for another large club meet up. If any of you remember our inaugural meet last year we had a cool convoy and over 60 Alphards & Vellfires turned up to our really successful meet at the British Motor Museum.

This year we are going to attempt a much larger event and would be a good idea to get some ideas on Venues ideally mid country like midlands area. Does anyone have any good suggestions of location that can handle (and accept of course) over 100 vehicles?

For me I will stick down the British Motor Museum but will list any other suggestions here for everyone to have a bit of a vote. Also if anyone would like to help us then send me a message.

1. British Motor Museum (Gaydon)

2. Castle Coombe

3. Bank House Farm Camping Site (Suggested by John L)

We were also thinging of a bring your own picnic style meet where we can join in and make friends with fellow members. It was suggested at the last meet that this would be a great idea.

Let's get the ball rolling, please have your say and leave a comment below.

• Like 1

….how about the Museum of Power, Langford near Maldon Essex?

They often host rallies and have a camp site available. It’s a great place to spend some time with lots of local attractions. 
Not exactly central but easy access being a short distance from A12 and M11. 
We thoroughly enjoyed the last get together at Gaydon and we’re looking forward to the next one wherever it happens to take place. 
http://www.museumofpower.org.uk/

Alan & Renee 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 9:37 PM, NormanC said:

If members are spread nationwide then shouldn't we consider Derbyshire, West or North Yorkshire or even Lake District or Northumberland? If England centric I get Midlands...

Would be much better further up this way there’s already the big jdm at castle Combe 

• 2 weeks later...

Had an enjoyable time last year and looking forward to this years meeting where ever it maybe. Good to meet up and spend time with like minded people. If it is camping then I am sure we can find a place to stay near by.🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, I think Newbury Race track in Berkshire could be a good place. Not very far north, but great access from the west, east and south of England. 

I am up for wherever the majority want to go. Here are some places that I have wanted to take my van:

1. Isle of White.

2. Isle of Man.

3. Pennines.

4. Edinburgh.

5. Hunstanton, Norfolk.

6. Brecon, Wales.

7. Cornwall.

8. South Shields.

9. Lake District.

10. Derbyshire Dales.

Wherever is chosen, it will be fantastic to see everyone's vans and to say hello.

I don't know their capacity but Caffeine and Machine in Warwickshire (not that far from Gaydon actually) can host bespoke events: Car clubs: come and see us • Caffeine&Machine (caffeineandmachine.com) I took my Alphard to one of their JDM events, where it ended up on display. 😎

Edited by HB2K

Hi there..i had to miss last years as well...but looking at the suggestions, Donnington or Silverstone have to be a good bet i reckon....with camping available as well!..... 

What dates are we talking about ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 1:50 PM, HB2K said:

I don't know their capacity but Caffeine and Machine in Warwickshire (not that far from Gaydon actually) can host bespoke events: Car clubs: come and see us • Caffeine&Machine (caffeineandmachine.com) I took my Alphard to one of their JDM events, where it ended up on display. 😎

Hi, I drive past the above place twice a week and they always have an event on or other and a big car park. I might pop in one day, when I eventually get my Alfie back from being fixed, presently running around in a hire car.

Michael

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy with any of the three myself but hope we have a date and location soon - been booking various trips away with Dales, Anglesey and a fortnight in the Highlands already booked!

On 2/21/2023 at 8:46 AM, Alphard Club said:

Howdy folks!

It's time we start planning for another large club meet up. If any of you remember our inaugural meet last year we had a cool convoy and over 60 Alphards & Vellfires turned up to our really successful meet at the British Motor Museum.

This year we are going to attempt a much larger event and would be a good idea to get some ideas on Venues ideally mid country like midlands area. Does anyone have any good suggestions of location that can handle (and accept of course) over 100 vehicles?

For me I will stick down the British Motor Museum but will list any other suggestions here for everyone to have a bit of a vote. Also if anyone would like to help us then send me a message.

1. British Motor Museum (Gaydon)

2. Castle Coombe

3. Bank House Farm Camping Site (Suggested by John L)

We were also thinging of a bring your own picnic style meet where we can join in and make friends with fellow members. It was suggested at the last meet that this would be a great idea.

Let's get the ball rolling, please have your say and leave a comment below.

Just now, Mike Matts said:

Please try the Arrow Valley visitor centre in Redditch Worcs. They put on many events including vintage motor shoes. Easy motorway access from all directions M42 M6 M5 M40

Bit confused by your post Mike... did you read the previous 19 posts? This thread is about a spring meet and a lot of folk have posted suggestions with Donington seeming to be the most popular venue so far. Or am I missing so something and you are using the same thread to open discussion about another meet???

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Do you have to have an Alphard to attend? We're hoping to get one next year and live in the local area so would like to pop along and see them all and find out more.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Frankie said:

Hi,

Do you have to have an Alphard to attend? We're hoping to get one next year and live in the local area so would like to pop along and see them all and find out more.

Thanks

Hello Frankie,

Welcome to the Forum.