Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

What engine oil is everyone using?

As per title, what engine oil is everyone using?

I see in the parts section Petronas Fully Synthetic 5w/30 ACEA A1/B1 is mentioned - Yet I can't find any Petronas 5w30 that has this spec???  So can anyone enlighten me to an alternative. Opie oils spits out a whole host of specs for the 1MZ-FE engine, all 5w/30, yet I see ACEA C2, C3, A5/B5, etc - can any of these be used?    Also, what intervals are people changing at, I've read everything from 3k miles upwards.

I have used Petronas 5w30 in all of the Alphards I have recently serviced...I believe they recently changed the listing for the oil specs.

Here is a link to the correct oil to use:  https://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/petronas-syntium-5000-dm-5w-30-oil-5l

Thanks Trevor - and what intervals are you changing the oil at? I realise it's down to the type of driving, so a bit subjective, but does approx 5000 miles sound about right? I read somewhere Toyota states 7500 for the 1MZ-FE engine, but general consensus seemed to be around the 5000 mile mark.

Also, was recommended Shell Helix Ultra ECT C3 Fully synthetic due to also having very good anti sludge properties :

Shell Helix Ultra ECT 5W30 C3 benefits:

• + Shell’s advanced emissions-compatible technology for low- SAPS oil
  • + Unsurpassed sludge protection
  • + Low viscosity and low friction
  • + Exceptional low-temperature performance
  • + High resistance to mechanical stress
  • + Low evaporation formulation
  • + Shell’s ultimate active cleansing technology
  • + Developed with special antioxidants

Performance, Features & Benefits of Shell Helix Ultra ECT 5W30 C3

+ Shell’s advanced emissions-compatible technology for low- SAPS oil

Shell Helix Ultra ECT 5W30 C3 protects emission systems by helping to keep diesel particulate filters clean.

+ Unsurpassed sludge protection

No other motor oil cleans your engine better than Shell Helix Ultra ECT 5W30 C3

Edited by Djakninn
Added more info

I don't know but my Estima i was changing the oil every 5  - 6 k.  With this engine i would assume 5 - 6 k again depending on driving style. Personally oil will be changed every 6 months or 5k which ever comes first. Using Shell Helix is fine but there are cheaper oil's that do the same job.

I am a huge fan of Shell Helix...used to sell it by the tank full when i had a garage business.

have found it to be quite pricey in the UK but very cheap in French hypermarkets though so sometimes bring some back for my cars.