Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

ODBII or JOBD diagnostic code readers for the Alphard

Hunting for a code read for the Alphard can be a nightmare. After having a a check engine light appear I suspected it was an o2 sensor. I needed to check the code first  so I hunted high and low for the right reader and after the 5th attempt I managed to find the reader that reads my 3ltr V6 JOBD.

Have not tested this on the 2.4 yet. Need to see if anyone has had success. I will update this when i find out.

The ICarSoft I905 (Toyota Version) 

Available from UK Parts Direct

5994479a33ee1_20170801_091643(1).thumb.jpg.46e8e71fb3d6d3730fed902b6ad86d8a.jpg

• 7 months later...

Having used this meter....I have to say, it is superb at providing both fault codes and live data.

One hint that I can offer when wishing to read live data is to go in through 'Other' when offered the choice of European, Japan, Other as regions....this seemed to be the only option which offered live data.

Once in there, you can select many different data streams (such as battery voltage, engine speed, oxygen sensors) depending on what you particularly want to examine.
Note: very handy to read off Oxygen sensor readings before condemning the sensor!

• 9 months later...

I would imagine it would as it is integrating the electrical/electronic systems specifically and I seem to recall that you are able to use a generic setup to hook the scanner up with the vehicle.

My engine light is on sometimes goes off . Got another plug in to try tomorrow 

2 hours ago, Trevor said:

Alfieboy   What is the issue with your Alphard?

I tried my mechanics one and would not connect also my hand held will not connect . The issue is my engine light is on but goes out when going along then back on 

Edited by Alfieboy
Not enough info

• 4 months later...
On 8/16/2017 at 2:28 PM, Alphard Club said:

Hunting for a code read for the Alphard can be a nightmare. After having a a check engine light appear I suspected it was an o2 sensor. I needed to check the code first  so I hunted high and low for the right reader and after the 5th attempt I managed to find the reader that reads my 3ltr V6 JOBD.

Have not tested this on the 2.4 yet. Need to see if anyone has had success. I will update this when i find out.

The ICarSoft I905 (Toyota Version) 

Available from UK Parts Direct

5994479a33ee1_20170801_091643(1).thumb.jpg.46e8e71fb3d6d3730fed902b6ad86d8a.jpg

Hi please can you try the OBD2 functionality in your  ICarSoft I905 (Toyota Version. Uk parts direct recommend testing this function. I am hoping it will work as the software is the same as the Engine OBDII Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface - iCarsoft i620 - iCARSOFT UK. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Omar

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 5:06 PM, MonsterS said:

2.4 has always had issues with ODB scanning. some people say use the torque pro app and get a bluetooth reader as it needs some addtional commands to work correclty.

i brought one for my2004 2.4l alphard hybrid e-four worked fine 

Hi All

I have tried the ICarSoft I620 Bluetooth  Diagnostic Adapter, but unfortunately cannot communicate with the cars - an EMU error occurs. I have tried Torque, InCarDoc Pro and My OBD  Apps through bluetooth to my phone and Xtron Stereo and still no luck. I have a Toyota Alphard 3.0 4wd MZ 2007. The engine light and VSC warning come on  together for long traffic journeys in the London area or when I need to get somewhere quickly I handle the car differently. Normal commuting around Town is fine.

Do you think the ICarSoft I905 (Toyota Version will be able to read the car's computer? And I really wanted an adapter as it could be plugged in all the time.

Any help here is welcomed.

Kind Regards To All

Omar

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Have you input the string variable in to the torque pro app to make it work first? for the 2003 model it is 

ATIB 96 \n ATIIA 13 \n ATSH8213F0 \n ATSP4 \n 0100

just check before you try to clear codes to see if it reads them make a new fault by unplugging say the maf sensor on the intake.

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2019 at 8:28 AM, Trevor said:

I would imagine it would as it is integrating the electrical/electronic systems specifically and I seem to recall that you are able to use a generic setup to hook the scanner up with the vehicle.

Is your alphard an import then?