Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Alphard Hybrid Servicing

Hi All, I have a 2004 Alphard hybrid, which I have had for 4 years and never missed a beat.  However, recently it has developed and issue where the traction alarm randomly seems to go off when putting slight pressure on the steering left or right.  Has anyone come across anything like this? I did a bit of research and found some reference to the solenoids in the steering rack but also another on something wrong with the hybrid batteries.  If anyone has any advice and specifically if anyone recommend somebody who knows there stuff serving an Alphard and specifically a hybrid and ideally in or near Kent I would be eternally grateful!  Thanks.

Hi I did do this with a code reader and got no codes but it is a really basic machine.  Do you have a recommendation for a code reader that's best for an Alphard by any chance?

So /i sorted out a better code reader which picked up the O2 sensor but absolutely nothing else.  Does anyone have any recommendations on people to service an Alphard Hybrid, ideally in the south-east but I'll go pretty much anywhere to get this sorted.  Advice gratefully received. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2021 at 7:22 AM, Matt said:

So /i sorted out a better code reader which picked up the O2 sensor but absolutely nothing else.  Does anyone have any recommendations on people to service an Alphard Hybrid, ideally in the south-east but I'll go pretty much anywhere to get this sorted.  Advice gratefully received. 

Hi, Canterbury ATH10 owner here

The issue is not hybrid specific, I would suggest the mechanical bits of the running gear need checking.  Drive shafts, ball joints, track rod ends, drop links, tyres, and wheel alignment.  Another thought would be the ABS wheel sensors, the traction control system will use these to measure wheel slip i imagine, so if the perforated disc the ABS sensor looks at is warped or has blocked holes perhaps it would cause such an issue

Food for thought?

• 1 year later...