Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

sliding door problem

I have a problem with my sliding door, I would like to know where I can get a workshop manual, I have seen someone else asked this question but was guided to a firm that sells user manuals which is not the same, so is there anybody that knows, it seems a just keep hitting a dead end. thank you M B

Hi Guys

I also have problems with my sliding doors.

I have changed the motor and cable from a reputable breakers but it is not working. Others have suggested it is the small black box ECU in centre of the door.

Also the DVD and windows have stopped working.

Now the cable on the other door is fraying as I can hear the wirring.

i cannot find anyone in East Sussex who would be able to help.

Should I change the ecu? How do you change just the cable? Is the Alphard garage in Poole capable does anyone know?

Any advice please

Sorry - I can't find a workshop manual either. But I had a problem with the sliding door when we bought ours. Newacre cars at Coventry said the valeters had forced the door open rather than wait for the motor....

Paul at New acre has quite a good relationship with his local Toyota dealer and got a new cable kit from them in a few days.

Sorry if it's not much help if you're trying to do the job yourself..

• 2 years later...
On 1/4/2021 at 8:01 PM, Mick B said:

I have a problem with my sliding door, I would like to know where I can get a workshop manual, I have seen someone else asked this question but was guided to a firm that sells user manuals which is not the same, so is there anybody that knows, it seems a just keep hitting a dead end. thank you M B

Hi all, I am looking at a work around with these door issues, may take me some time as I am in the process of getting schematics from Toyota Japan and translating in to English.  Sometimes it is hit and miss as the drawing are so tiny its a case of magnifying glass and redrawing them. I will try to keep forum posted but please bare with me