Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Toyota Alphard LPG fitted with Stag Q-MAX-6 Plus

By Steve from the Toyota Owners Club

I wanted to share my LPG conversion on my Toyota Alphard with you, in case anyone ever had any question regarding LPG and where to have it done properly.

I recently bought an Alphard for the family, and what an amazing day van it really is. Had so many well thought out features that i have ever seen in a car. From Lane Assist, TEMS suspension, AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System) electric curtains power doors all round and rotating rear seats that really make it an amazing family friendly car.

My one is the 3ltr V6 with 220bhp 1MZ-FE lump as seen in the Lexus RX300 and the Camry. As you can imagine it is not the most economical car to run which averaged around 23-26mpg. (still miles better than a guzzling Elgrand)

I decided that LPG was the way to go and get the Alphard converted to LPG pretty quickly after buying.

I had seen a lot of good reviews on the Lexus Owners Club regarding Profess Autogas in South Wales. They seemed to have had really good reviews from members so decided that although they were some distance from me, it was all about good reputation and quality when it comes to doing a proper quality install on my car.

So, last week my Alphard went in for 2 days to have the installation by Andy at Profess Autogas

Picked her up 2 days later and I was amazed how they managed to very neatly tuck away all the LPG pump, filter, and flashlube bottle and even the ECU was tucked away out of view. The trunking used also matches the original factory trunking which made it even harder to spot that it has an LPG install.

The system installed was the Stag Q-MAX-6 Plus. With the stag system you do not need to make visits to the LPG installer for tweeks (unless there a hardware fault) This can all be done with a USB cable and laptop. This will analyze the LPG system and send the report to Profess who can then tweek your LPG ECU if necessary. The same goes with each 10k service. You replace the filter yourself and also link up the ECU system so it can be checked to ensure the LPG is operating as efficiently as possible. This saves trips and half day out from work :D

On the fuel filling point I have a reducer fitted (see pics below) within the fuel filler cap, so nice and neat with no gastly filling ports on the side of the car.

Have a look at some pics below of the install. 

I highly recommend Andy at Profess Autogas. His website is here: http://www.professautogas.co.uk/

20170428_073913.jpg.

20170428_073759.jpg

20170428_073830.jpg

20170428_073620.jpg

20170426_175525.jpg

20170428_074027.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm looking to get mine converted to LPG so doing some research and spoke with a company who fit LPG and showed them this post and the pictures you have uploaded. Their reply below: (would like to know your take on their response)

"Hidden filler behind the petrol flap does not comply additionally in my opinion is dangerous as they do not have a gas tight seal and do not have an enclosure on the inside and trunked venting to the underside of the vehicle. The install is not LPGA compliant and not on the UKLPG register so not something we will do.  Insurance companies are pretty much insisting on registration these days."