Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

CAN'T FIND ANYONE TO REPAIR MY HYBRID.

Hello can anyone help me?

My HV battery went on my alphard in February 3 lights on dash red hybrid car amber brake and vsc, I shipped the car to jap spares in Coventry and had the HV battery repaired. All was good until the lights came back on a few months later so I shipped the car back to Coventry but when he plugged it in he said the code was saying something like Transaxle which he said was the hybrid gearbox. He said that he didn't know anyone that could replace it and shipped it back to me.

The problem I have got is another 30 monthly payments of £140, and the car has been sitting on my drive for 2 months now because I just can't find anyone to replace the gearbox .

I live in the Northampton Milton Keynes area, dose anyone have any idea where I could try.

Thanks 

I have the same problem in Cardiff, nobody will touch it. I sent mine back to Scotland to have the inverter and other bits sorted. 

Might be worth giving CampervanCo a call/email 

CampervanCo.
4 Winchester Avenue
Denny, Scotland FK6 6QE
Telephone number: +44 (0)1324 489211 / 07871 348735
Email: info@campervanco.com

I’ve had this problem since April last year when we bought ours.  We have had Mark from Exeter trying to repair it, he has changed the inverter with second hand inverters, he’s serviced my hybrid battery.  Just waiting for him to come and try something else. I think Mark services the batteries for the camper company in Scotland.

Thanks, Scotland is a bit far to ship it I haven't got much of a budget to play with. 

Mark was supposed to come to me when it first broke down but after 8 weeks I gave up and sent it to Coventry (That cost over £300 in transport costs that is why I think Scotland is out) I have been on their website many times as I go round and round and round trying to find someone.

Thanks for the replies to you both.

HI All

I had the same problem twice and had to use the RAC to get Alfie home on a transporter. The first time 2 Hybrid battery cells were replaced. It's the stripping down and putting back together costs the money. £532. first bill. The second one, I was told the Inverter was kapput and Peter Holland could not source the parts to fix it. He looked into getting a new genuine Toyota Inverter/Converter  from Japan. Including VAT and delivery  £5,200.  This did not include the fitting of it. After buying Alfie for £9,500. last August, what do I do. I rang my bank and asked for a bank loan and got it and I rang Peter when the funds was in my bank and he ordered the Inverter/Converter. 2.5 weeks later it arrived and was fitted set up and tested, another  £320. I should get at least 10 years trouble free driving, touch wood.

I used

Peter Holland  @ BrightSpark Automotive, www.brightsparkautomotive.co.uk Tel : 07774 152660. at Southboune, Nr Emswoth, West Sussex

Good luck

Hello everyone,

This is my very first post . . .

Just to say that I have recently experienced a similar problem with my 2006 Hybrid. My vehicle is now in the hands of JVS, Lincoln (01522 538844) who have steered me away from having individual hybrid battery cells replaced/battery reconditioned, suggesting this is a short term resolve. They have quoted me in excess of £3000 to replace the hybrid battery with a genuine Toyota one.

Reliability is so important to me (the Alphard being my only way to transport my elderly father around), that I am going to ask them to proceed with this.

I will update on how it goes . . .

1 hour ago, Lee B said:

Hello everyone,

This is my very first post . . .

Just to say that I have recently experienced a similar problem with my 2006 Hybrid. My vehicle is now in the hands of JVS, Lincoln (01522 538844) who have steered me away from having individual hybrid battery cells replaced/battery reconditioned, suggesting this is a short term resolve. They have quoted me in excess of £3000 to replace the hybrid battery with a genuine Toyota one.

Reliability is so important to me (the Alphard being my only way to transport my elderly father around), that I am going to ask them to proceed with this.

I will update on how it goes . . .

Hello Lee,

Welcome to the Forum.

We all hope it goes well for you, and that soon you will be able to recommend JVS to other members.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2023 at 8:40 PM, Liz Coles said:

I’ve had this problem since April last year when we bought ours.  We have had Mark from Exeter trying to repair it, he has changed the inverter with second hand inverters, he’s serviced my hybrid battery.  Just waiting for him to come and try something else. I think Mark services the batteries for the camper company in Scotland.

Where are you located? 

On 8/22/2023 at 8:04 PM, Rojie said:

Hello Lee,

Welcome to the Forum.

We all hope it goes well for you, and that soon you will be able to recommend JVS to other members.

On 8/16/2023 at 7:47 PM, gary49 said:

Hello can anyone help me?

My HV battery went on my alphard in February 3 lights on dash red hybrid car amber brake and vsc, I shipped the car to jap spares in Coventry and had the HV battery repaired. All was good until the lights came back on a few months later so I shipped the car back to Coventry but when he plugged it in he said the code was saying something like Transaxle which he said was the hybrid gearbox. He said that he didn't know anyone that could replace it and shipped it back to me.

The problem I have got is another 30 monthly payments of £140, and the car has been sitting on my drive for 2 months now because I just can't find anyone to replace the gearbox .

I live in the Northampton Milton Keynes area, dose anyone have any idea where I could try.

• 3 weeks later...