Skip to content

PaulE

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PaulE

  1. When I had my 12v battery problem the dash showed the headlight symbol on all the time and the HU was dimmed although the headlight was off. Changing the battery fixed the issue.
  2. PaulE replied to a post in a topic in Technical Guides
    Hi, if you manage to re use the 12v supply can you let us know how you did it- I thought of using it to power my dashcam.
  3. Hi, this is my first post- I have an Alphard Hybrid E4 2005 purchased from Dave at Vineplace Motors in October last- can thoroughly recommend Dave if anyone is looking for a vehicle. Vehicle was fine until just at New Year and the 12v battery kept going dead and eventually wouldn't start from the booster pack (Noco GB50- would recommend this) and until that point was doing odd things. Dave had fitted a new battery at purchase but was a standard Alphard battery in error- he kindly sourced a new battery FOC as the system has to have a special stop-start type- the replacement was Panasonic S55D23R (advertised as for a Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid) at £199.99 but the supplier said this was the manufacturers genuine part having been supplied the vin no.- sourced from e-hybrid.com who apparently specialise in hybrid spares. Fitted the new battery and everything has been fine since then so the 12v battery appears to be critical- there may well be other suitable batteries out there but this is my experience. Vehicle drives beautifully and I am getting about 35mpg driving carefully and using the hybrid system so I use it more often than I expected. Hope this helps. Paul
Background Picker
Customize Layout

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.