Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Reprogramming smart fob keys

Hi,

Does anyone know how to programme these smart fobs? My Alphard came with 2 of these and remote engine start fob.  They don't work and I don't think are for my car but need to reprogramme them to work.

Thank you 

s-l640.jpg

Follow this to the 'T' and it should work no problem with the smart fobs to open and close the doors (It looks convoluted, but worked for me on 1st attempt)

Before starting make sure you have no mobile phone in your possession/close by.

1. Sit in the drivers seat - Driver door open, key out of ignition 

2. Within 5 seconds, place key in ignition and take it out x 2 (Do not turn key)

3. Within 40 Seconds, close the drivers door and open x 2

4. Put key back in ignition (Do not turn key) and take it out

5. Within 40 Seconds, close the drivers door and open x 2

6. Key back in ignition and leave it in

7. Close drivers door

8. Turn key in ignition (Without starting car)

9. Turn key back and take key out of the ignition

(The door locks should automatically do a cycle - If nothing happens, you've done something wrong and will have to restart the re-programming again from the start)

Once the door locks have did their cycle :

10. Within 40 seconds press lock and unlock buttons on fob together for 2 secoonds

11. Then press lock button on fob for 2 seconds (The door locks should do a cycle again, if they do not complete a cycle, repeat step 10 and 11 again. If the door locks cycle twice, it also means that the re-programming has failed so repeat steps 10 and 11 again)

• Like 1

Awesome thank you so much 🙂 I have fixed it now just needed new battery 🙈 however my actual key is very worn so need to buy new one from eBay and reprogrammed it so hoping the above also works for the chip key 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/7/2018 at 10:18 AM, Djakninn said:

Follow this to the 'T' and it should work no problem with the smart fobs to open and close the doors (It looks convoluted, but worked for me on 1st attempt)

2. Within 5 seconds, place key in ignition and take it out x 2 (Do not turn key)

7. Close drivers door

(The door locks should automatically do a cycle - If nothing happens, you've done something wrong and will have to restart the re-programming again from the start)

10. Within 40 seconds press lock and unlock buttons on fob together for 2 secoonds

11. Then press lock button on fob for 2 seconds (The door locks should do a cycle again, if they do not complete a cycle, repeat step 10 and 11 again. If the door locks cycle twice, it also means that the re-programming has failed so repeat steps 10 and 11 again)

Hi did you manage to programme the Immobilizer too? do you have the steps for it? thanks

• 9 months later...

7. Close drivers door

Hi had to smart door locks with the Alphard followed your instructions  (2 attempts) and it worked great- just ordered a spare key from Keymoon uk ( sent photo of key) cost £13.56 on receipt will see if it works and will put it on a key ring with one of the smart door lock fobs and keep as spare

• 2 months later...

7. Close drivers door

Thanks ever so much this worked perfectly on our 2005 3.0 2wd, we used a replacement 4 button remote from Aliexpress, including cutting the blade at the local key cutter it cost less than £20!

I had to turn my phone onto airplane mode as it didn't work the first time!

I managed to program the transponder using Techstream, it came up with two options up to 04/05 and 04/05 on, I had to use the second option.

Thanks again.

Hi Teekay, our Alphard is a 2005 with 4 button remote (lock, unlock and 2 power side doors), once programmed all 4 buttons work fine, it has keyless entry as well so has the smart lock fob too, but this is working fine so I haven't had to program one of those. If your car has power tailgate the button will be on the smart lock fob.

Edited by PMC

On 11/16/2022 at 12:14 AM, Teekay said:

Looks like most of this magic works for gen 1. Or gen 2 - 5 door key can be also bought on Ali express and programmed easily?

I thought this has been discussed in the 20 series forum, the 10 and 20 series are completely different security systems, there is no magic sequence of door open/close lights on/off that will work on a 20 series.

If you have a laptop, you can buy the software and cable to program keys for under £50 (techstream and vci cable), Erased fob ( 3, 4 or 5 button depending on spec) for around £60.

Programming literally takes less than 40seconds, but you also gain full diagnostics tool and dealer level configuration of the onboard control systems (Locks, lights, buzzer volume, courtesy lights, flashing indicators/beeps on lock/unlock, internal temp calibration, auto light sensitivity, auto lock on/off on 'Park' gear selection, window control via remote/physical key etc)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 12:20 PM, Chris.ac said:

I thought this has been discussed in the 20 series forum, the 10 and 20 series are completely different security systems, there is no magic sequence of door open/close lights on/off that will work on a 20 series.

If you have a laptop, you can buy the software and cable to program keys for under £50 (techstream and vci cable), Erased fob ( 3, 4 or 5 button depending on spec) for around £60.

Programming literally takes less than 40seconds, but you also gain full diagnostics tool and dealer level configuration of the onboard control systems (Locks, lights, buzzer volume, courtesy lights, flashing indicators/beeps on lock/unlock, internal temp calibration, auto light sensitivity, auto lock on/off on 'Park' gear selection, window control via remote/physical key etc)

That's amazing list of possibilities / things. I had given up on trying to do it myself but now I'm seriously seriously tempted! I don't want to sound like asking for being spoon fed, but if it were possible to compile a 'run sheet' with links to buy, few steps etc, that might make it super easy for many and give them confidence. In the meantime I'm going to do customary 'Google it yourself'. Thanks Chris much appreciated your superb pointers! Kudos 

On 11/30/2022 at 1:19 AM, Teekay said:

That's amazing list of possibilities / things. I had given up on trying to do it myself but now I'm seriously seriously tempted! I don't want to sound like asking for being spoon fed, but if it were possible to compile a 'run sheet' with links to buy, few steps etc, that might make it super easy for many and give them confidence. In the meantime I'm going to do customary 'Google it yourself'. Thanks Chris much appreciated your superb pointers! Kudos 

I think link is still valid, if you have a relatively modern laptop, use the virtual machine set up(instructions at the link), it's a walk in the park, as it's all configured for you. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/30/2022 at 1:19 AM, Teekay said:

I think link is still valid, if you have a relatively modern laptop, use the virtual machine set up(instructions at the link), it's a walk in the park, as it's all configured for you. 

Edit. 

Just checked. Links still work. 

Vci adaptor = £40.

The techstream software is included, but simpler to download from the link on the Toyota ihud page, it was last updated a month ago. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2022 at 11:01 PM, Chris.ac said:

Edit. 

Just checked. Links still work. 

Vci adaptor = £40.

The techstream software is included, but simpler to download from the link on the Toyota ihud page, it was last updated a month ago. 

Thanks Chris, I've gone ahead with software purchase and just need to get the 5 button key from aliexpress (?) I believe. I was told we send them picture of the key and they send a pre cut key that we can program. Anyone experience with that? 

Is it  suppose to be 312 MHz?

Edited by Teekay

@Chris.ac the eBay seller you pointed to get cable and software from seems quite decent and helpful. Many thanks again 

So I understand the way to go about it is 

1. Get cable and software 

2. Get key fob and program it 

3. Get the key blade cut.

I've bought the cable and software 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124808047632

Next buying this fob https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005003598907017.html

They can cut the key blade too 

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33030748490.html

When we have all three, we might be in business. Best part of the eBay seller seems genuinely helpful if any issues with software. I'll feedback here and recommend based on my experience once I'm through this.. 

Yes, the ebay seller is a decent chap, will even send you software via download if you don't have cdrom drive. 

installing the drivers for the cable can be tricky depending on the version of Windows you have, so to mame it easy, id recommend the virtual machine version from the other link I posted, although the software the seller provides should include the latest drivers too. 

Edited by Chris.ac

• 1 year later...

7. Close drivers door

By the way for anyone wondering if the above works for a Smart Door Lock fob, it absolutely does!

I just did this with mine with a purchased fob, I sware also I probably mucked it up at points but I got the two lots of locking confirmation and now the keyless works and I'm now able to remotely open and close my tailgate.  Pleased is not the word!!

I seem to have a slightly different problem.... While the pop-top was being installed they left the doors open and the battery went flat. It was recharged but now the tailgate can only be opened with the key in the ignition and turned on. This is the metal key in the metal ignition keyhole, I don't recognise any of the photos in the above posts. Am I being dim or unobservant?

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried the multi-step routine above several times and unless I'm being really dim, I cannot say it has worked. Usually I own up to operator malfunction but I really think I followed the instructions to the letter with no result or reaction from the vehicle.

The  instruction says turn the key, does this mean until the ignition lights come on(but no start) or is it just turn the key to the first stop, before the dash lights up??

Edited by Duncan Grimmond
grammar

Hi Duncan, I'd be keen to replace the fob battery first (assuming you haven't already).

The vehicle shouldnt typically just forget it's sync'd keys after a 12v battery issue and seems the logical thing to check first.

The process of pairing the remote with the car is a bit painful (as it's alot of steps to remember all at once) but I did this with my smart remote (note not the regular remote key), I also fumbled it a bit and didn't do it exactly to the letter but it still worked.

One thing you obviously cannot do is synchronize a new immobiliser chip (for a brand new key) in this manner, you need a dealer level ODB computer or Techstream to do that.

I gave up and booked an inspection at the local Toyota dealer. Very helpful despite not really having any information on grey imports but they went over the vehicle and found a fuse in a panel I didn't even know existed, under the glove box. Sorted but £100.00 lighter!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 10:21 PM, Teekay said:

@Chris.ac the eBay seller you pointed to get cable and software from seems quite decent and helpful. Many thanks again 

So I understand the way to go about it is 

1. Get cable and software 

2. Get key fob and program it 

3. Get the key blade cut.

I've bought the cable and software 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124808047632

Next buying this fob https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005003598907017.html

They can cut the key blade too 

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33030748490.html

When we have all three, we might be in business. Best part of the eBay seller seems genuinely helpful if any issues with software. I'll feedback here and recommend based on my experience once I'm through this.. 

Hi Teekay, I have a question: I bought recently a OBDII that I can use to scan my 2012 Vellfire. My phone connects to it via WiFi and I have an mobile app. https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/streetwize-obdii-code-reader-for-android-and-ios-553999810?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA3JCvBhA8EiwA4kujZt5VBcVRzw1spzBEo3PjEV-_5JrKMRPyZnSpGxpf-RFqik5o2rGPARoCAL4QAvD_BwE . Is this the same with the VCI cable? Can I use it with the Techstream software?  Also, what is the difference between the keys with different frequencies, 312, 313 and 414 Mhz? I need a 4 buttons key and I am not sure which is the correct one for me!

Edited by Sorin