Everything posted by BigNev
-
Rear Brake pads blues
Ooh heck! Ah well, can be sorted! Before now, a long time ago on an import Impreza, back in 2000, I took thepads out, and drew round them, and went into the autofactors. Easily sorted for someone behind the counter assuming they can be bothered!
-
Wheels
Without knowing the PCD of them, no, not a chance of anyone knowing!! The ET (offset of the wheel centreline) is also important, so they don't stick out too far, or too far in and foul the calipers. Cheers, Nev
-
Rear Brake pads blues
Hi there! I have recently changed the rear pads (myself) on our 2010 Vellfire, and I bought APEC PAD1334 from our local autofactors, which cross references to the part number on those you have pictured, and they fitted nicely. So I would second Teds suggestion that if they don't, then your calipers have been changed prior to your ownership. Cheers, Nev
-
Cabin filter and button ??
Hi there! When I changed our cabin filter, the one I got was a Blueprint ADT32522, I've just looked and they are listed as "activated carbon" type. The button is for the Pollen Filter function. The description from the JPNZ manual - which I would highly recommend for you, reads - "Airflow mode will change to internal circulation directed at upper body and filter pollen from the air. After approximately 3 minutes the filtration will be complete and the system will return to the setting before the button was pressed. To stop the function earlier press again." There is a manual on ebay this afternoon when I checked. Cheers, Nev
- New Member
-
2010 G L Drivers Door Trim Replacement?
Yep, well quite probably anyway, Amayama!
-
Big Brake Kits?
Hi Gary, Firstly have you checked the condition of your existing calipers? And a good fluid bleed. Making sure they aren't sticking at all? And quality pads. A swap to 2 piston calipers / carriers from Lexus / Rav4 is possible, but needs 328mm discs. It won't give you a huge increase in stopping power, so I'd absolutely suggest you make sure your original calipers are as good as they can be first. Cheers, Nev
-
Battery replacement
Hi there Golom696!! I can second the scenario Gamith said, but I didn't even have reset the window auto function, I was possibly lucky! I think the head units are not "coded" as it would not seem to be not such a problem in their home market, far less theiving toe rags in Japan!!
-
Urgent help. Charging system not working!
Is the original poster still here / interested? Or have you sorted it?
-
Urgent help. Charging system not working!
Have you had it long? What were the symptoms leading up to this point?
-
Sat Nav
Also, ours doesn't pick up the satellites on this side of the world, we just get a plain blue screen with an arrow on it looking lost and forlorn 😀 Maybe I've just not bothered enough to figure it out, but it would be years out of date, and not at all likely to have UK maps if I did! Cheers, Nev
-
Touch up paint
It'll depend on just how fastidious you are, for the few chips on ours, I wasn't too bothered for the roof, only VERY tall people see that 🤣
-
Touch up paint
Hi there! The colour code is on the door pillar name plate, passenger side. I got a touch up bottle kit, paint and lacquer, from ebay. Then later I got aerosol paint too, primer / base / pearl / lacquer. Lots of suppliers out there for paint thankfully! Cheers, Nev
-
Need a spare for my 2010 3.5 V6 Vevllfire
Hiya Martyn! I got a Lexus 17" space saver for ours, we've got an LPG tank underneath as you have! The bolt PCD is 114.3 x 5, very common Toyota and Lexus, and a good many others too. If you went for an alloy wheel, the design will affect what offset, the ET number, will fit, to clear the caliper. Cheers! Nev
-
Under boot storage size
Yep that's right, 20 series spare is underneath!
-
Under boot storage size
Definitely no space below the floor carpet on ours. Flat floor. Our LPG tank is underslung below it. There is a small pocket area at the bottom left when looking into the boot, and it is small. Above this is the pocket where the jack and wheel brace hide. Cheers, Nev
-
Body panels showing cracking on sliding g doors
🤔 A picture paints a thousand words!!!
-
Front windscreen washer not working
Yeah the pump is knackered.
-
Gear box replacement "Toyota Vellfire ANH20W, 2AZ-FE engine,
Very likely yes!
-
Gear box replacement "Toyota Vellfire ANH20W, 2AZ-FE engine,
It's not a busted drive shaft CV joint is it? Happened to my brother in law a few years ago, no drive in any gear! That's barely anything in the way of an oil leak!!!!
-
Cuts out at tickover in neutral
Hi there! It's certainly worth the effort to clean the throttle body, if only to eliminate it from the enquiries! I did ours when I took it apart to change the plugs, it was quite mucky. If it's bad enough, I can see it may stick coming off idle. Ours is on lpg too! Cheers, Nev
- Insurance Query (trim level)
-
Side Skirt Replacement
Yup, certainly do buy from them!
-
V6 hard/long engine start when cold
Indeed!! My point on plugs as an example! But, yes the V6 is far more difficult to change plugs, but I did mine myself in a couple of leisurely hours. Depends on what year yours is now!
-
V6 hard/long engine start when cold
Hi Mark! Whilst not totally conclusive, on top of what you've done by using some injector cleaner, it's probably, not definitely, not fuel realted. Guessing at bits now, but how old are the plugs? And as it's the 2.4 litre, 4 cylinder, if in any doubt it's easy to put some new ones in there! I don't know what yours takes, mine were Denso, I went originals, nowadays cars can be very fussy on electronics! Cheers, Nev