Skip to content

Gamith

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gamith

  1. Aside from the obvious: 1) power not getting to fuseboard - ie the fuse is Ok but it has nothing to pass on. 2) power not getting from the fuseboard to the switch If power is getting to the switch then the switch is faulty, otherwise if power is coming from the switch (when it's 'on') then it's the connection from the switch to the motor. You could try running a temporary couple of feeds from the switch to the motor to confirm that open and close work.
  2. Until I find out where the sensors are I will keep it turned on and see what happens. Thanks for your help.
  3. I went out on a run and the green indicator turned off after a few seconds and when I crossed a lane it diid nothing, so something is either missing or broken. What sensors does it use - the front camera maybe?
  4. On my dashboard there is this light. pressing the corresponding button on the left of the steering wheel Causes the symbol to light up green. WHat does this system do? The manual says it's the 'Lane Monitoring System' but doesn't say what it does - I am assuming that it looks for the lane indicators and if the vehicle drifts over (maybe without indicating?) it sounds an alert. I suppose the best answer is to take it for a drive and see what happens, but maybe someone here knows? Cheers.
  5. Good call - I have just done the same based on your finding. My aircon was working fine, at the front at least. I needed a flat screwdriver on one side and a trim removal tool on the other to undo the clips Mine was almost as fluffed up. The plastic air tube just needs pulling off after a twist to break the decades old 'seal' that had built up. The electricval connector was the expected 'press tab' type. I would add that I unclipped the sides to open the unit (Denso 077500-5250 / Toyota 88625-58020) up and found the circuit board was still fluffy so cleaned that also. Next job will be the rear one, which I believe is this object: I just need to empty the boot to get at it :-) It looks like it should be removable easily enough - has anyone tried this? I hope this helps.
  6. I have found this company: https://www.paintnuts.co.uk/paint-by-type/brands/toyota which can provide paint in pen, aerosol or bottle.
  7. What about the fuses on the passenger side behind the glovebox? I see fuses 17 and 24 are marked as 'audio' for my 2005. There may be fuses in the head unit itself, so taking that out to check is an idea. Also check to see if there is a reset button or hole anywhere.
  8. Ok, so that took a lot longer than I thought. I have ended up with 19.5Gb of files for the whole website which includes stuff for other models, though only the Alphard is complete so I think I will have to remove all the other pages as they are plain html with no index.html to give them context. After I started I saw it was for a 20 series, which isn't mine. I tried looking around and I couldn't find a 2005 / 10 series manual. But it works as a standalone website, which is nice.
  9. For instance on Ubuntiu I am using: 'wget --mirror -p --convert-links -P ./Alphard-Manual http://zatonevkredit.ru/repair_manuals/viewdoc_html/AWI4O_qhU9h2CeTmduUr/AWI4O_qhU9h2CeTmduUr' There is a very large .tar file that looks like it's going to take a couple of hours to download though.
  10. TAX

    Gamith replied to DJ1's topic in General Chat
    Funny enough my 2.4 has just passed it's MoT and I was looking at the 0% CO2 and then I looked at the gov.uk site which listed it as having 0% CO2 also. According to the gov.uk site for a vehicle that age and with 0% CO2 emissions they would be asking for £195 or thereabouts, somewhat less than the £365 I am actually charged for an imported vehicle. I was wondering whether it s a bit like emergency tax which defaults to a high value until you get your proper tax code - do we need to hassle DVLA to get our road tax to come into line with it's actual emissions? Or is there something I am missing?
  11. Good shout - on my facelift 2005 it looks like this but easy to find, and easy to accidentally push.
  12. According to my fuse info it should be a 30A fuse in slot number 1 in the passenger fuse box - is power getting to that? If not then maybe there is another fuse or a broken wire. Then work out where the motor is that drives the tilt / sliding roof and check that power is getting to it. If it is then maybe the motor or brushes might need replacing, or maybe the earth connection has corroded and needs renewing.
  13. I would be interested in getting a stalk with front and rear fog light controls for my ANH10 but, as you say, the one listed for the 10 only has front fogs on it. I was wondering whether I can take one from a 20 and use it in my 10. Maybe I will just stick to my dash button :-)
  14. Would that part fit a 2005 faceliftt model 10?
  15. Most people have a switch on the dash that is wired into the front fog line and connects to a light or two at the back. The lights I got were one of these: which replace the reflector strips so are apart from the brake and side lights. Not only are these reflectors but you can wire the white up to act as running lights should you want. To answer your question about the stalk you would be looking at one of these I expect.
  16. I assume you are also trying Autotrader and local advertising as most people reading this forum will have one already.
  17. Don't forget Aliexpress, amongst others, has loads of options: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-toyota-alphard-window-blinds.html?spm=a2g0o.home.search.0
  18. There is a guide here: https://uk.alphardclub.com/forums/topic/8-guide-cleaning-maf-sensor/#comment-9 and yes it's tricky to get to - you will need a short cross-head screwdriver to undo the two screws. One piece of advice is to use a magnetised screwdriver, and maybe put a cloth under the car, as you really don't want to lose either of the screws.
  19. Check out amayama.com for 'spring' for your model - they look to be around £70 (front - 48131-58100) and £85 (rear - 48231-58020)for my 2005 model. Delivery would be on top and take a while, but sounds like good value to me.
  20. Found it - it was from Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mulor-Sunshade-Windshield-Foldable-360%C2%B0Rotatable/dp/B0C778GTSY/ref=sr_1_10?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.DY-me6iXuESzryZfykGXIccDW3qG9IPnh3SVMXMqW1XWr6ECxgjbtEBmwIkYPZ1WdIeO_56V-NreJuIxCuXXQ1iFuqEWvItMoIG8BteEI_YF6U33V_DfxrLhyfTbEf5xq0VeuvAoaRwk6vO2LKq7i491SJcckY-4nVVrUXTUgUwfoyhMjodpCxquN3c_6QkEZVJN7inGyqH0hs_S1Jsh_3U2kXnPiomuJCCdJUyt59c._y19Nm3bAhRB3fT2wVsYUb1M8x7dqW9bD8BYJnFD2fA&dib_tag=se&m=A2AU90BFHS5SQ0&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&qid=1773778738&s=merchant-items&sr=1-10&th=1 I got the large one and it fits the windscreen well. I also got some magnetic shades for the front windows which can be a little fiddly to fit as the magnets will attach to anything metal :-)
  21. Thanks for the explanation - makes sense as it would have to go over a drive shaft. Obviously the pictures aren't that model-specific :-)
  22. Might be worth checking amayama.com as a back box for mine looks to be a lot less than that: Strangely the same part number looks to have two different designs, so definitely worth checking. There are some 17430 20090 items on ebay.co.uk which may be worth a look, though again a thorough check would be advised :-) good luck
  23. I bought a sort of umbrella sunshade, probably from Aliexpress, which stays inside the vehicle and velcros around the mirror. The shaft of the umbrella is flexible and helps prop it up in the middle - it works well and stays dry obviously. Shame I can't find the exact one, but some searching should turn the things up - look for alphard front sunshade / blind etc.
  24. Check: fluid level is the 'hose' loose with a multimeter whether power is getting to the pump when activated, if any of those are not Ok then fix them If they are Ok then suspect the pump. You could try removing it and flushing it out - maybe the filter is, or fan blades are, blocked All for n0w.
  25. You could try amayama.com, put in your car details and search for the part - that will give you the part number and a cost for importing from Japan. The part number is key as you can use that to find other sources.
Background Picker
Customize Layout

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.